How will you choose to remember your day? Sometimes it is soooooooo easy to focus on the negative. For me this is especially easy when I haven’t slept well and have too much to do. Today was no exception, however, the to-do list got pushed aside for the pleasure of spending time with 2 boys and their dad. Yeah, I kinda love them. And, wow! They are the definition of “boys”!
My day started with:
- cold water dumped on my head, while I was in the shower,
- more dishes than one meal could possibly make,
- a paper airplane thrown into my hair,
- and my sore toe stepped on.
- And did I mention the cold water?
But then I got to:
- watch a child throw a frisbee with gleeful perfection
- be surprised as a 6-year-old used the words echolocation and nocturnal
- hold the hand of someone I love
- overhear a child secretly practicing his big brother’s spelling word to a cute little tune (s.o.l.u.t.i.o.n).
- win and lose and win and lose at Rock Paper Scissors
- have a child climb on my lap on the swing, then lay all the way back so we could watch the sky
- watch Superman leap over one of those red, cement Target balls in a single, well, maybe a couple of bounds
- feel a loving hand on the small of my back
- catch a glimpse of a bald eagle flying over the lake, directly at our house
- smile from the inside every time I heard “Cari, Watch Me!”
- drink coffee from a red cup that says “Love” on it
- see the look of feeling cared for, as I rubbed my sweetheart’s feet
- watch the wonder in their eyes as dad reads to them
- kiss 3 sweet faces goodnight
- and so, so much more!
What cold water?