Yes, it’s the perfect cow!
Just ask anyone under the age of 10.
A Child’s Eye
- Ask children if they can dance. They say, “YES” While they shake their little butts to their own beat.
- Ask children if they can draw. They say, “OF COURSE” as they explain to you that the Rorschach crayon markings you see are actually a portrait of you sailing on a cotton candy cloud.
- Ask children if they can sing, and they break into a song composed and written, in that very moment, by them.
The Eye of an Adult
- Ask adults if they can dance and they shyly say, “not very well.”
- Ask adults if they can draw and they reply with, “not anything worth seeing.”
- Ask adults if they can sing and they report that it is, “only in the car when no one else can hear.
”You could look at this as a “dance like no one’s watching” story, but I like to think of it as an “exceed expectations” story. If you expect that you can not do something, I guarantee that you won’t be able to do it. If you expect that you can….well? Try it and let me know. Surprise your self or laugh in the attempt. Either way, I think you win. (Plus, I’d really love to hear the funny stories!!)
When you walk around a corner, spread your arms like airplane wings so you can bank the turn. Run so fast that your feet feel like they will fall out from under you. While you’re in the checkout line at the grocery store, hum a tune that everyone knows and see who starts to hum along. Whatever it is, make sure it is something that will make YOU smile. Then watch to see who smiles with you.