I went thought menopause at the age of 30, thanks to the medications that saved me from cancer. I had just started Naturopathic medical school, so was still naive in my knowledge of how health could look. The horrible hot flashes, inability to concentrate, difficulty sleeping were so much fun during the supposed prime of my life. 16 years later, I’m back into the full swing of monthly hormonal normal-ness, but with NO symptoms. Believe it or not, I’m not dreading going through menopause again for one reason. The symptoms we associate with menopause are not normal, which to me means that they do not have to exist.
Whether you, or someone you love, is dealing with PMS or menopausal symptoms, they are simply that, Symptoms!!! When you balance your hormones, the symptoms disappear.
Here are a few questions to help you decide if your hormones are out of balance.
Do you have…
- hot flashes and/or night sweats?
- difficulty getting good, quality sleep?
- irregular menstrual cycles?
- unwanted hair growth or hair loss?
- weight gain around your belly?
- low sex drive?
- painful cramps?
- migraines that cycle with your hormones?
- depression or moodiness?
- difficulty focusing and concentrating?
I will continue to talk more about hormones another time, but in the meantime, here are a few simply things you can try to help get you hormones back on track:
- Drinks LOTS of water! This will help flush out the toxins that can make hormone imbalances worse.
- CLICK HERE if you need help with the amount of water that is right for you.
- Try a tincture of VItex. This herb is a gentle hormone balancer that can be extremely effective. I’ll usually dose it at 90 drops, 3 times a day (in a little water to help with the taste), for at least the first month, then you can usually decrease to once or twice a day.
- Eliminate all processed sugars and flours from your diet.