Cleansing doesn’t have to be long or difficult. It also doesn’t need to leave you living next to your bathroom. Simply put, cleansing is all about giving your body, your digestive tract and your liver a break. Here are some simple guidelines. I challenge you to try it for a week to see how you feel, but go do three weeks to see some amazing changes!
- Foods to eat: Vegetables and fruits that are in season, clean, organic meats, gluten-free, whole grains like quinoa
- What to remove from your diet: Dairy products, anything made with gluten, any added sugar, alcohol and caffeine, anything you eat more than three times a week.
- If you really need caffeine, I think it’s okay to have regular green tea. The benefits far outweigh any effect of the caffeine
- Drink a LOT of water!! Half of your body weight in ounces is a food place to start
- You can add some liver supports like a detox tea from your local health food store
- Try to also incorporate an Epsom salt bath every evening. 4 cups of Epsom salta per bath for about 20 minutes.
Just try it and let me know how you feel!
And, if you need a little more guidance, please give us a call for a complete cleanse package that can be mailed directly to you! (ph. 530.885.5908)